NESAD Students Winners in the Grand Circle Gallery’s Vintage Poster Contest 12

Victoria Burnett and Jacquelyn Schaab, two NESAD students, won first and second place in the Grand Circle Gallery’s Vintage Poster Contest.

Victoria describes the contest, “The challenge of the contest was to create an interpretation of a vintage travel poster that promotes one of Grand Circle Corporation’s travel destinations. It must highlight an aspect of the destination’s history, culture, landscapes, or attractions. Ultimately, the goal was to create a design that could become a classic image for the ages.”

Check out their winning posters!

“I picked the Eastern Europe trip from the list of Grand Circle Gallery trips, because it was a region that I have been interested in visiting, but did not know a lot about. I choose to represent Budapest, Hungary in my illustration, mainly for its ease of recognition over the other cities the trip toured. I focused on the Parliament building as well as the famous chain-linked bridge. My color palette was inspired by various vintage travel posters, which had a consistent limited color palette. The simplicity of my illustration and choice of typography was also inspired by a compilation of vintage travel posters.”

— Jacquelyn

“My poster promoted Grand Circle Travel’s “Real Affordable Costa Rica” travel destination. I wanted to create a poster that was relatively simple with an attractive and attention-grabbing image that showcased the country without stereotyping it. I decided to focus on the beauty of nature in Costa Rica. I did some research to find a landscape image that best represented the destination. Then I decided that I needed an extraelement to attract the viewer [other than the landscape.] I researched animals in Costa Rica and chose to use a tree frog since I believed it would be the most recognizable and attractive to the viewer. I rendered the images using the pen tool in Illustrator through the process of graphic translation.“

— Victoria

Grand Circle Gallery is holding a reception on May 11th from 4 to 7 pm to celebrate the designs. Be sure to check it out!

12 thoughts on “NESAD Students Winners in the Grand Circle Gallery’s Vintage Poster Contest

1. Pingback: Graphic Design |

2. Reply web site Mar 17, 2014 7:48 am

Simply desire to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness on your put up is just excellent and that
    i could think you’re knowledgeable in this subject. Fine with your permission allow
    me to clutch your feed to stay up to date with imminent post.
    Thanks 1,000,000 and please keep up the rewarding work.

3. Reply Pablo Mar 31, 2014 3:02 am

Thank you for some other informative blog. The place else may I
    am getting that type of information written in such a perfect manner?
    I’ve a project that I’m simply now working on, and I’ve been at the look out for such information.

4. Reply Jennifer Jul 9, 2014 3:08 am

Is the Costa Rica poster print available for sale?

5. Reply Celia Aug 22, 2014 11:55 am

hi!,I really like your writing very so much! proportion we keep in touch extra about your
    post on AOL? I need a specialist on this space to unravel my
    problem. May be that’s you! Taking a look forward to look you.

6. Reply great post to read Sep 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Thank you that is really useful for me, as a new site has been inundated with comments that seem OK at very first glance but then get repeated with a slight change of wording. I’ve something concrete to go on now and will delete quite a lot of them.

7. Reply learn web programming Sep 20, 2015 9:50 am

I¡¦ll immediately take hold of your rss feed as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly permit me recognise so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

8. Reply Auto Parts Sep 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also discuss with my site =). We will have a hyperlink alternate agreement between us!

9. Reply Porn Tube Oct 12, 2015 2:21 am

The luxury proposed may possibly be incomparable; citizens are never fail to seeking for bags is really a Native goals. The thought numerous insert goals uniquely to push diversity with visibility during the travel and leisure arena. Hotels Discounts

10. Reply wet celebs Oct 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Nice write-up. It does shed some light on the issue. By the for those interested in binary options can get an exclusive binary options bonus.

11. Reply Tran Santellana Nov 3, 2015 3:26 pm

i can take for granted you’re an expert on this subject

12. Reply kunjungi website Nov 3, 2015 5:07 pm

This web site is really a walk-through it actually may be the information you desired relating to this and didn’t know who ought to. Glimpse here, and you will undoubtedly discover it.