Victor Cabrera: Winner of American Graphic Design Award (Student Category) 5

How do you convince someone to stop eating meat? Explaining the gruesome process young chickens endure before they appear on grocery shelves might do the trick. (Did you know that by week seven, chickens are crammed in cages for slaughter?)  This was Victor Cabrera’s award winning strategy for an ad series advocating vegetarianism.  The ad series was a part of the Graduate Design Studio 2 class, which he took in the spring of 2011 at The New England School of Art and Design at Suffolk University.

Vegetarian Ads

Students were instructed to sell the idea of vegetarianism to an audience comprised mostly of non-vegetarians. They could convince, scare, heckle, plead, threaten, use guilt, reverse psychology, or wear them down, but the audience must become vegetarians.

After researching how various groups advocate for vegetarianism, Victor chose to use guilt. The campaign was so successful, it even worked on himself, “I have to be honest, after finishing the project I spent at least a week or so without eating chicken.”

This was the first time Victor chose to enter his work into a design competition. He believes entering competitons are a great way to get exposure, possibly to potential employers,“it opens up your mind to…approach a potential client or even apply to a company that you thought may not be interested in your work.”

5 thoughts on “Victor Cabrera: Winner of American Graphic Design Award (Student Category)

1. Reply nexus 5 gel cases Mar 15, 2014 6:27 pm

There is also a dedicated Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) that allows for gaming
    and video playback to get smoother and faster too.
    “Music washes outside the soul the dust every day life. 65 inches (~ 316 ppi pixel densities) this can be being protected with Oleophobic coating.

2. Reply Jerilyn Jun 3, 2014 4:44 pm

I don’t know whether it’s just me or if everybody else encountering problems with your blog.
    It appears as if some of the written text in your posts are running off
    the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to
    them as well? This may be a issue with my browser because I’ve had this happen previously.

Many thanks

3. Reply click this over here now Jul 20, 2014 4:49 am

Having read this I believed it was verƴ enlightening.

Ι ɑppreciate уou spending some time and effort tο ρut
    this short article toցether. I oncе ɑgain find myself
    personally spending ɑ ѕignificant amount of time ƅoth reading and leaving comments.
    But sο what, it ѡas still worthwhile!

4. Reply amazon affiliate sites Jul 24, 2014 1:12 am

That is very interesting, You are a very professional blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and look ahead to looking
    for extra of your magnificent post. Also, I’ve shared
    your website in my social networks

5. Reply karatbars international theamazinggoldteam Aug 31, 2014 11:06 am

Very soon this site will be famous amid all blogging people, due to it’s good articles or reviews