On March 22nd, several NESAD students and faculty attended the 2014 ASID Design Awards at the at the Mandarin Hotel in Boston.
Looking great, everyone!
Designers Lighting Forum Scholarship $2500
Travel Opportunity to Light & Building International Trade Fair, in Frankfurt, Germany
The Designers Lighting Forum of New England (DLF-NE) will sponsor one NESAD Interior Design student to travel to Frankfurt, Germany this spring to attend the Light + Building International Trade Fair for Architecture and Technology from March 30th to April 4th. The recipient of the scholarship will receive $2,500 to cover trip related expenses and will be paired with a representative from DLF-NE who will serve as their guide and mentor for the trip.
To apply, students must:
· Be enrolled full-time and in a BFA, MAIA or MFAIA program
· Be in good academic standing
· Have successfully completed a Lighting Design course at NESAD, either ADI-254/654 Lighting or ADI-S810 Advanced Lighting Design Studio
· Submit a short (100 words maximum) statement of why they are passionate about learning more about lighting and attending Light + Building International Trade Fair
· Submit a rendering, a sample portfolio of lighting design work or drawings to show their enthusiasm for lighting design
· Agree to prepare and submit a short presentation on the trip and their experiences at a DLF-NE event in the fall of 2014
To be considered for the scholarship, students should submit a statement and visual work to Karen Clarke no later than Friday, January 31, 2014 at 5:00 PM. All submissions should include your name and the name of the scholarship.
Submissions will be judged on a demonstrated passion and ability to communicate that passion through design documentation and presentation techniques.
If you have any questions please contact Karen Clarke at email@example.com.
Congrats to BFA student Ania Siekierski for her first place win at the 2013 Interior Design Career Day at the Boston Design Center on October 18. Ania entered her DND office design project from Contract I. Great job!
MAIA students Eman Bawazir and Sarah Whalen both placed in the Illuminating Engineering Society’s Boston Section Student Scholarship Design Competition 2012-2013! This year’s theme was ‘music’ and the cash awards were $1,000 for 1st place, $750 for 2nd place and $500 for 3rd place. Congratualtions to Sarah for taking home the 3rd place prize for her “S3″ design, and to Eman for taking first for her design, “The Composer.” The students attended the awards ceremony at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Boston. Great job, ladies!