Designers Lighting Forum Scholarship $2500
Travel Opportunity to Light & Building International Trade Fair, in Frankfurt, Germany
The Designers Lighting Forum of New England (DLF-NE) will sponsor one NESAD Interior Design student to travel to Frankfurt, Germany this spring to attend the Light + Building International Trade Fair for Architecture and Technology from March 30th to April 4th. The recipient of the scholarship will receive $2,500 to cover trip related expenses and will be paired with a representative from DLF-NE who will serve as their guide and mentor for the trip.
To apply, students must:
· Be enrolled full-time and in a BFA, MAIA or MFAIA program
· Be in good academic standing
· Have successfully completed a Lighting Design course at NESAD, either ADI-254/654 Lighting or ADI-S810 Advanced Lighting Design Studio
· Submit a short (100 words maximum) statement of why they are passionate about learning more about lighting and attending Light + Building International Trade Fair
· Submit a rendering, a sample portfolio of lighting design work or drawings to show their enthusiasm for lighting design
· Agree to prepare and submit a short presentation on the trip and their experiences at a DLF-NE event in the fall of 2014
To be considered for the scholarship, students should submit a statement and visual work to Karen Clarke no later than Friday, January 31, 2014 at 5:00 PM. All submissions should include your name and the name of the scholarship.
Submissions will be judged on a demonstrated passion and ability to communicate that passion through design documentation and presentation techniques.
If you have any questions please contact Karen Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org.